Monday, March 17, 2014

Why we put the references?

To be honest, I don't have more reasons than we have said in the class... Namely:
1. To show your erudition.
2. Avoid plagiarism, divide your work and work of others.
3. Following from the previous: divide your current work and your previous work. State what you have improved, why it's important.
4. Show respect to people you like (contrary, you can do not put a reference of work of person you do not like).
5. Demonstrate your collaboration with someone, again, very close to the previous one.
6. To help the reader to understand your work, by recommending to read more about this topic.
7. Avoid repeating, make the text more laconic, without excessive sentences.
8. Following from 6-7, explain your idea by making analogies with previous works.

I think that's it. I can't think another reasons to put references. These ones I used by myself, when I was writing the paper. Maybe I forgot about some reason I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment